Kafka, mail # user - createMessageStreamsByFilter unexpected behaviour

+
Michal Haris 2012-11-20, 12:44
Re: createMessageStreamsByFilter unexpected behaviour
Jun Rao 2012-11-20, 17:15
This is likely caused by https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-550.
The fix has been checked into trunk.

Thanks,

Jun

On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 4:44 AM, Michal Haris <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Hi, I am seeing behaviour which I am not expecting when using topic
> filters.
>
> TopicFilter sourceTopicFilter = new Whitelist("pageviews");
> List<KafkaStream<Message>> streams > consumer.createMessageStreamsByFilter(sourceTopicFilter, 3);
>
> The topic has exactly 3 partitions and 3 streams are created, however only
> the last one gets messages, the first two become stale.
> I am not sure if the singe stream contains messages from all partitions or
> When I however use the following code I get all 3 streams consuming for
> each respective partition.
>
> Map<String, List<KafkaStream<Message>>> topicStreams > consumer.createMessageStreams(
>     new HashMap<String, Integer>() {{
>         put("pageviews", 3);
>     }}
> );
> List<KafkaStream<Message>> streams = topicStreams.get("pageviews");
>
> Am I missing something, is this expected ?
>
> --
> Michal Haris
> Software Engineer
>
> www.visualdna.com | t: +44 (0) 207 734 7033