HBase >> mail # user >> Set Max Number of Row Versions of a table

+
Gaetan Deputier 2013-09-09, 04:13
+
Ted Yu 2013-09-09, 04:32
Re: Set Max Number of Row Versions of a table
There is a comment in this class that is outdated ("Once set, the
parameters that specify a column cannot be changed without deleting the
column and recreating it. If there is data stored in the column, it will be
deleted when the column is deleted."). This is from 2007. I will fix this.

It's possible to alter a table after its definition, and you will not lose
any data. See the alter command in the shell: alter 't1', NAME ='f1',
VERSIONS => 5
On Mon, Sep 9, 2013 at 6:32 AM, Ted Yu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Take a look at HColumnDescriptor#setMaxVersions()
>
> Cheers
>
> On Sun, Sep 8, 2013 at 9:13 PM, Gaetan Deputier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >wrote:
>
> > Hello Hbase users,
> >
> > Is it possible to set the max number of row versions of a table after its
> > creation ?
> >
> > Sincerely
> >
> > G.

+