HBase, mail # user - Set Max Number of Row Versions of a table

Re: Set Max Number of Row Versions of a table
Nicolas Liochon 2013-09-09, 07:48
There is a comment in this class that is outdated ("Once set, the
parameters that specify a column cannot be changed without deleting the
column and recreating it. If there is data stored in the column, it will be
deleted when the column is deleted."). This is from 2007. I will fix this.

It's possible to alter a table after its definition, and you will not lose
any data. See the alter command in the shell: alter 't1', NAME ='f1',
VERSIONS => 5