HBase >> mail # user >> Re: why hbase doesn't provide Encryption

Re: why hbase doesn't provide Encryption
Hi there
I want encryption before pushing data into hbase,and I've done it by
changing in some library to encrypt data.But it doesn't have any
performance,I mean for each row it should encrypt/decrypt the cell,so for a
query that has a lot of rows ,it will take a long time.
my question is this,why hbase doesn't have any option for that ( in hbase
shell like compression method ),for example like other relational
databases(sqlserver,.. ),is there any reason for that ?
 Thanks you guys