Hadoop, mail # user - migrate cluster to different datacenter

Re: migrate cluster to different datacenter
Michael Segel 2012-08-03, 21:57
Sorry at 1PB of disk... compression isn't going to really help a whole heck of a lot. Your networking bandwidth will be your bottleneck.

So lets look at the problem.

How much down time can you afford?
What does your hardware look like?
How much space do you have in your current data center?

You have 1PB of data. OK, what does the access pattern look like?

There are a couple of ways to slice and dice this. How many trucks do you have?