Hadoop >> mail # user >> Hodoop namenode startup problem

Re: Hodoop namenode startup problem
I've fixed the problem.

The reason namenode won't start was that I accidentally started the cluster
with root account.
This somehow changed the ownership of some hadoop-related files(ex: log
files, and hadoop.tmp.dir/dfs/name/current/edits) from hadoop:hadoop to
root:root.
After I fixed the ownership issue, everything went fine.
Thanks for the concern.