HBase >> mail # dev >> read short circuit

+
n keywal 2012-09-13, 14:58
+
Jean-Daniel Cryans 2012-09-13, 16:30
+
n keywal 2012-09-13, 16:42
+
Andrew Purtell 2012-09-13, 17:44
Re: read short circuit
There was a jira a while back (can't remember the number) that I think came
from the Facebook fellas to have multiple hbase-site.xmls, with a naming
scheme such that you can do layering of configurations.

What ever happened to that?
-------------------
Jesse Yates
@jesse_yates
jyates.github.com
On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 10:44 AM, Andrew Purtell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Making it the default seems reasonable.
>
> For <= 0.94, the security profile has a separate hbase-site.xml file
> under test resources where there it could be defaulted as off.  Reason
> is the local block sharing requires some shared group membership
> between HBase and HDFS service accounts that might be objectionable in
> a secure setting. So we should have test coverage with it off.
>
> On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 9:42 AM, n keywal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > It's all in the "pretty much" :-)
> > Should we make it the default (i.e. recommending it in the doc, emitting
> > warning if it's not set) for all installation ?
> > Or would it make sense to separate the store and wal cases, meaning that
> we
> > need a change in hdfs to make this possible?
> >

> > On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 6:30 PM, Jean-Daniel Cryans <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >wrote:

> HBase
> >> as
> >>
> >> Pretty much.

> if it
> at as
> >>
> >> You have to add 2 configs in hdfs-site.xml, which we can't do from
> HBase.
> >>
> >> J-D
> >>

> --
> Best regards,