Hive, mail # dev - Deploy UDF in Hive Thrift Server

Re: Deploy UDF in Hive Thrift Server
Brock Noland 2013-09-05, 18:52
Good point, I should have been more clear.

There is no way to permanently add a function to Hive Server. You can
however:

add jar local/path/to.jar;
create temporary function ..;

As Edward says there maybe a way to put the jar in HDFS, but you'll still
have to do create temp function..