Hadoop >> mail # user >> large data and hbase

large data and hbase
I have a dataset which is several terabytes in size. I would like to query
this data using hbase (sql). Would I need to setup mapreduce to use hbase?
Currently the data is stored in hdfs and I am using `hdfs -cat ` to get the
data and pipe it into stdin.