Hadoop, mail # general - [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 0.23.1-rc1

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 0.23.1-rc1
Robert Evans 2012-02-16, 21:51
I built a tar from the tag, ran some basic tests on a single node cluster and it ran just fine.  I am a bit concerned about the unit tests though.  I ran all of the unit tests and I saw several failures

org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.TestStartup
org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager.TestApplicationCleanup
org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.v2.app.TestRMContainerAllocator
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TestLazyOutput
 org.apache.hadoop.tools.mapred.TestUniformSizeInputFormat

The only JIRA I could find for these failures is MAPREDUCE-3776 which covers TestRMContainerAllocator.

I am not sure if 0.23.1 is being considered alpha quality and if so do we want to let unit test failures block the release.

--Bobby Evans