Hive >> mail # dev >> Retiring old documentation sets

Retiring old documentation sets
Since I just had to download the entire website (
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hive/site) it became clear we have a lot of
old versions still posted. Now that we are making releases 3-4 times a
year, I think we can and should do better at obsoleting the old ones. I
would like to propose that we keep the latest version of each branch for 2
years after the last bugfix release on that branch.

Therefore, I'd propose:

delete
  r0.3.0
  r0.4.0
  r0.5.0
  r0.6.0
  r0.7.0
  r0.8.0

keep:
  r0.7.1
  r0.8.1
  r0.9.0
  r0.10.0

it would be nice if we could add redirects from r0.7.0 and r0.8.0 to r0.7.1
and r0.8.1 respectively.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
   Owen