Hive >> mail # user >> BINARY column type

+
Connell, Chuck 2012-12-01, 16:50
+
John Omernik 2012-12-01, 21:22
+
Connell, Chuck 2012-12-01, 22:11
+
John Omernik 2012-12-02, 04:58
+
Connell, Chuck 2012-12-02, 15:00
Re: BINARY column type
Ya, for me it's pcap data so I had to take the data and process it out of
the pcaps into something serialized for hive anyhow.  in that case, I took
the pcaps and loaded them with a transform.  My transform script to a
single file name in on STDIN and then read the PCAP, parsed out the packets
in the formated I wanted and then took the raw data for each packet and
hexed it as it outputted it to STDOUT.  My Insert statement took the
results of the pcap parsing script (including the hexed data) and then
unhexed it at insert.  There may be a better way to do this, but for me it
works well. *shrug*

+
Connell, Chuck 2012-12-02, 18:27