Pig >> mail # user >> Synthetic keys

+
Mehmet Tepedelenlioglu 2013-05-23, 18:22
+
Jonathan Coveney 2013-05-24, 16:15
Thanks, but is there a map-side cross? The usual cross seems to have a
bug. I sent an example of how to replicate this bug.

On 5/24/13 9:15 AM, "Jonathan Coveney" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>You can do this, but pig has a CROSS keyword that you can use.
>

>2013/5/23 Mehmet Tepedelenlioglu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am using this:
>>
>> x = join a by 1, b by 1  using 'replicated';
>>
>> with the hope that it generates some synthetic key '1' on both a and b
>>and
>> joins it on that key, thereby, in this case, doing a clean map side
>>cross
>> of
>> a and b with no schema changes (exactly the way a cross would work). It
>> seems to be working, but since I just tried it and it worked, I am not
>>sure
>> if there is anything in there I should be aware of. Does anyone know?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Mehmet

+
Pradeep Gollakota 2013-05-28, 17:30
+
Mehmet Tepedelenlioglu 2013-05-28, 18:04
+
Pradeep Gollakota 2013-05-28, 18:07
+
Mehmet Tepedelenlioglu 2013-05-28, 18:18
+
Sergey Goder 2013-05-24, 16:51