MapReduce >> mail # user >> Mapper Getting the whole split and not just line by line

Mapper Getting the whole split and not just line by line
Hi,
The map method in the Mapper gets as a parameter a single line from the
split. Is there a way for Mappers to get the whole split as input?
I'd like to scan the whole split before I decide which key-value pairs to
emit to the reducer.
Thanks
yaron