Zookeeper >> mail # user >> Error Path when creating a node

+
Bahman Kalali 2013-03-20, 20:52
Re: Error Path when creating a node
The path /apps/neo4j/zookeeper/data has not been created in the ZK on your
unix box. You need to create that path before you can write an ephemeral
node to it. You probably did this already on your windows ZK which is why
you aren't seeing the error. ZooKeeper does not create parent nodes in a
path for you, you must create the full path yourself if it hasn't been
created.
As per the documentation:
"If the parent node does not exist in the ZooKeeper, a KeeperException with
error code KeeperException.NoNode will be thrown."
On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 4:52 PM, Bahman Kalali <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using this API to create a node:
>
>         lockPath = zk.create(/apps/neo4j/zookeeper/data/searchlock, null,
>                     Ids.OPEN_ACL_UNSAFE, CreateMode.EPHEMERAL_SEQUENTIAL);
>
> Here is my setting in zoo.cfg in one of three servers:
>
> tickTime=2000
> initLimit=10
> syncLimit=5
> dataDir=/apps/neo4j/zookeeper/data/zk1
> dataLogDir=/apps/neo4j/zookeeper/log/zk1
> clientPort=2185
> server.1=upladevzoo01v:2988:3988
> server.2=upladevzoo01v:2989:3989
> server.3=upladevzoo01v:2990:3990
>

> However, I get this exception on the server log "Error
> Path:/apps/neo4j/zookeeper/data"
>
> 2013-03-20 15:39:44,882 [myid:2] - INFO  [ProcessThread(sid:2
> cport:-1)::PrepRequestProcessor@627] - Got user-level KeeperException when
> processing sessionid:0x23d895990500004 type:create cxid:0x1
> zxid:0x100000020 txntype:-1 reqpath:n/a Error
> Path:/apps/neo4j/zookeeper/data Error:KeeperErrorCode = NoNode for
> /apps/neo4j/zookeeper/data
>
> The same setting works fine on my local windows box, but not on a unix box.
>
> Does this have anything to do with permission on unix box?
>
> BR//Bahman

+
Bahman Kalali 2013-03-20, 22:04
+