MapReduce >> mail # user >> Unsatisfied link error - how to load native library without copying it in /lib/native folder

+
Dipesh Khakhkhar 2012-10-25, 23:10
Re: Unsatisfied link error - how to load native library without copying it in /lib/native folder
Hi,

That should be:

-files path_to_my_library.so

and to include jars in for your mrjobs, you would do:

2) -libjars path_to_my1.jar,path_to_my2.jar

Brock

On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 6:10 PM, Dipesh Khakhkhar
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am a new hadoop user and have few very basic questions (they might sound
> very stupid to many people so please bear with me).
>
> I am running a MR task and my launcher program needs to load a library using
> System.loadLibrary(somelibrary). This works fine if I put this library in
> lib/native/Linux-amd64-64. I tried the following -
>
> 1. provided -files=/path_to_directory_containging_my_library
> 2. provided the following in mapred-site.xml (didn't try it in core-site.xml
> or hdfs-site.xml)
>
> -Djava.library.path=//path_to_directory_containging_my_library
>
> I'm using hadoop 1.0.3 and this is a single node cluster for testing
> purpose.
>
> I have a production environment where I'm running 4 data nodes and currently
> I'm copying this file in  lib/native/Linux-amd64-64 folder in each node's
> hadoop installation.
>
> A related question regarding providing jars required for running the whole
> M/R application - currently I have edited hadoop-classpath variable in
> hadoop-env.sh. For cluster if I provide -libjars option will that work
> without editing classpath? I require this jar's classes before launching M/R
> jobs.
>
> Also how can I provide my application jar ( i.e. bin/hadoop jar myjar
> com.x.x.ProgramName )  in the data nodes? Currently I'm copying it in the
> lib directory of hadoop installation.
>
> Thanks in advance for answering my queries.
>
> Thanks.

Dipesh Khakhkhar 2012-10-26, 00:11