Hive, mail # user - hive select count(*) query exception

+
jingjung Ng 2011-12-16, 07:59
+
alo alt 2011-12-16, 09:29
+
jingjung Ng 2011-12-16, 20:09
RE: hive select count(*) query exception
Vivek Mishra 2011-12-17, 08:18
Which version of hadoop you re experimenting with?
AFAIK, only 0.20.X works fine. i tried versions > 0.20.x but no luck.

Vivek
From: alo alt [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 16 December 2011 14:59
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: hive select count(*) query exception

Hi,

looks like the user who uses the statement has not the correct rights.
org.apache.hadoop.fs.permission.FsPermission$2.<init>())'

- Alex

On Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 8:59 AM, jingjung Ng <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have simple hive select count(*) query,which results in the following
> exception. I am using Cloudera cdh3u1 ( hadoop/hbase/hive). However I am
> able to do "select * from t1" from hive CLI.
>
> Here is output after running "select count(*) from t1".
>
> hive> select count(*) from t1;
> Total MapReduce jobs = 1
> Launching Job 1 out of 1
> Number of reduce tasks determined at compile time: 1
> In order to change the average load for a reducer (in bytes):
>   set hive.exec.reducers.bytes.per.reducer=<number>
> In order to limit the maximum number of reducers:
>   set hive.exec.reducers.max=<number>
> In order to set a constant number of reducers:
>   set mapred.reduce.tasks=<number>
> org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException: IPC server unable to read call
> parameters: java.lang.NoSuchMethodException:
> org.apache.hadoop.fs.permission.FsPermission$2.<init>()
>     at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Client.call(Client.java:1107)
>     at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RPC$Invoker.invoke(RPC.java:226)
>     at $Proxy4.setPermission(Unknown Source)
>     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>     at
>     at
>     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
>     at
> org.apache.hadoop.io.retry.RetryInvocationHandler.invokeMethod(RetryInvocationHandler.java:82)
>     at
> org.apache.hadoop.io.retry.RetryInvocationHandler.invoke(RetryInvocationHandler.java:59)
>     at $Proxy4.setPermission(Unknown Source)
>     at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient.setPermission(DFSClient.java:855)
>     at
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DistributedFileSystem.setPermission(DistributedFileSystem.java:560)
>     at
> org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.JobSubmissionFiles.getStagingDir(JobSubmissionFiles.java:123)
>     at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient$2.run(JobClient.java:839)
>     at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient$2.run(JobClient.java:833)
>     at javax.security.auth.Subject.doAs(Subject.java:396)
>     at
> org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1127)
>     at
> org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient.submitJobInternal(JobClient.java:833)
>     at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient.submitJob(JobClient.java:807)
>     at
> org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.ExecDriver.execute(ExecDriver.java:657)
>     at
> org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.MapRedTask.execute(MapRedTask.java:123)
>     at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.Task.executeTask(Task.java:130)
>     at
> org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.TaskRunner.runSequential(TaskRunner.java:57)
>     at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver.launchTask(Driver.java:1063)
>     at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver.execute(Driver.java:900)
>     at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver.run(Driver.java:748)
> [...]

Alexander Lorenz
http://mapredit.blogspot.com

P Think of the environment: please don't print this email unless you
really need to.

New Impetus webcast on-demand ‘Big Data Technologies for Social Media Analytics’ available at http://bit.ly/nFdet0.

Visit http://www.impetus.com to know more. Follow us on www.twitter.com/impetuscalling
jingjung Ng 2011-12-18, 05:32