Kafka >> mail # user >> Suggestion on ZkClient usage in Kafka

Re: Suggestion on ZkClient usage in Kafka
Jason,

In 0.8, producer doesn't use zkclient at all. You just need to set
broker.list. A number of things have changed In 0.8. First, number of
partitions of a topic is global in a cluster and they don't really change
as new brokers are added. Second, a partition is assigned to multiple
brokers for replication and one of the replicas is the leader which serves
writes. When a producer starts up, it first uses the getMetadata api to
figure out the replica assignment for the relevant topic/partition. It then
issues producer request directly the broker where the leader resides. If
the leader broker goes down, the producer gets an exception and it will
re-issue the getMetadata api to obtain the information about the new leader.

Thanks,

Jun