Hadoop >> mail # general >> [VOTE] Release hadoop-1.x.x off branch-0.20-security

[VOTE] Release hadoop-1.x.x off branch-0.20-security
Please vote on naming 'future' releases off branch-0.20-security (with
both security & append) as hadoop-1.x.x.

We should also rename branch-0.20-security as branch-1.x.x.

I propose we use the common 3-part major, minor (compatible, newer
features) and sub-minor (bug fixes) scheme as suggested by Doug in the

The vote will run the normal 5 days.

thanks,
Arun