Hadoop >> mail # general >> [VOTE] - Establish YARN as a sub-project of Apache Hadoop

+
Arun C Murthy 2012-07-27, 03:24
+
Jun Ping Du 2012-07-27, 08:01
+
Siddharth Seth 2012-07-27, 06:59
+
Todd Papaioannou 2012-07-27, 05:39
+
Hitesh Shah 2012-07-27, 04:11
+
Mahadev Konar 2012-07-27, 03:53
+
Edward J. Yoon 2012-07-27, 03:56
+
Tsz Wo \ 2012-07-27, 04:53
+
Suresh Srinivas 2012-07-27, 21:26
+
Owen OMalley 2012-07-30, 15:52
+
Harsh J 2012-07-27, 21:20
+
Aaron T. Myers 2012-07-27, 14:10
+
Tom White 2012-07-27, 13:44
+
Steve Loughran 2012-07-27, 18:58
+
Jonathan Eagles 2012-07-30, 15:57
+
Eli Collins 2012-07-30, 15:52
+
Daryn Sharp 2012-07-31, 18:53
+
Devaraj Das 2012-07-31, 21:46
+
Uma Maheswara Rao G 2012-08-01, 04:17
+
Stephan Kang 2012-08-01, 13:34
+
Arun C Murthy 2012-08-03, 07:51
+
Arun C Murthy 2012-08-08, 19:29
+
Tom White 2012-08-13, 21:01
+
Arun C Murthy 2012-08-14, 18:19
+
Robert Evans 2012-08-14, 18:27
+
Tom White 2012-08-15, 00:44
+
Arun C Murthy 2012-08-15, 15:52
+
Tom White 2012-08-15, 21:24
+
Eli Collins 2012-08-15, 21:27
Re: [VOTE] - Establish YARN as a sub-project of Apache Hadoop
+1 for Arun's proposal. It seems reasonable to me.

Here are my thoughts on this thread:

Some have voiced opinion that they would not have supported YARN becoming a
sub-project if they knew committer list is going to change. YARN was voted
as a sub-project on the merit of it being a distinct functionality from
rest of existing Hadoop. Your vote for YARN becoming a sub-project should
have nothing to do with the commiter list.

A team of people have worked for a long time (more than 1.5 years) on YARN.
They understand the code and the design context well enough to be
committers. I am not sure how having a long inclusive list of committers
helps YARN. Do we expect the folks who have not contributed to YARN and
might not understand YARN code well enough to do a good job as committers?
That is the reason why I do not mind not being included in the list of
committers. Further Arun has been more inclusive by incorporating Tom's
feedback.

We, as the Hadoop PMC, decided to vote committers to sub-projects instead
of whole of Hadoop. To ensure someone who works heavily on one sub-project
from committing code the core parts of other sub-projects. Why do we want
to make an exception for YARN?

People interested in becoming committers can always contribute to YARN and
become committers anytime. It is not like the list is closed forever.

Regards,
Suresh
+
Aaron T. Myers 2012-08-16, 20:38
+
Mattmann, Chris A 2012-08-16, 19:59
+
Eli Collins 2012-08-16, 20:08
+
Mattmann, Chris A 2012-08-16, 20:11
+
Eli Collins 2012-08-16, 20:21
+
Mattmann, Chris A 2012-08-16, 20:41
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2012-08-16, 21:34
+
Chris Douglas 2012-08-17, 00:41
+
Arun C Murthy 2012-08-17, 02:37
+
Sharad Agarwal 2012-08-17, 05:53
+
Doug Cutting 2012-08-21, 22:46
+
Eli Collins 2012-08-21, 23:13
+
Doug Cutting 2012-08-22, 18:38
+
Eli Collins 2012-08-22, 18:43
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2012-08-23, 18:13
+
Eli Collins 2012-08-23, 18:33
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2012-08-24, 02:11
+
Eli Collins 2012-08-24, 04:08
+
Inder.dev Java 2012-08-23, 19:43
+
Ted Dunning 2012-08-17, 17:13
+
Thomas Graves 2012-08-13, 14:16
+
Jason Lowe 2012-08-13, 15:37
+
Ryan Grymes 2012-08-13, 15:37
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2012-08-16, 22:31
+
Eric Baldeschwieler 2012-08-15, 03:00
+
Aaron T. Myers 2012-08-15, 05:58