Hive, mail # user - Possible to set map/reduce log level in configuration file?

+
Krishna Rao 2012-12-14, 10:35
+
Nitin Pawar 2012-12-14, 10:44
Re: Possible to set map/reduce log level in configuration file?
Ted Reynolds 2012-12-14, 17:10
Hi Krishna,

You can also set these properties in the mapred-site.xml, but this would
require a restart of your cluster.

Ted.

Ted Reynolds
Technical Support Engineer
Hortonworks
Work Phone: 408-645-7079

<http://hortonworks.com/download/>

On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 2:44 AM, Nitin Pawar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> if you want this to be set at every query you execute best would have a
> hiverc file and then include it as hive -i hiverc
>
> alternatively, you can create a .hiverc into your home directory and set
> the parameters you want, these will be included in each session
>

> On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 4:05 PM, Krishna Rao <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> is it possible to set: mapreduce.map.log.level &
>> mapreduce.reduce.log.level, within some config file?
>>
>> At the moment I have to remember to set these at the start of a hive
>> session, or script.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Krishna
>>

> --
> Nitin Pawar

+
Krishna Rao 2012-12-17, 13:44
+
Mark Grover 2012-12-18, 02:05
+
Krishna Rao 2012-12-18, 10:15
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2012-12-18, 04:59