-Re: Build Hadoop 1.0.4 eclipse plugin
Gaurav Kumar 2013-01-12, 19:11
The general approach is to
1. checkout the code from Apache's SVN
2. modify build.properties in /src/contrib/eclipse-plugin and add
eclipse.home=<path to eclipse>
3. download apache forrest 0.8 and sun jdk 5
4. run ant command as "ant clean package
(replace the paths as per your config)
5. you should be online for this
6. after that eclipse plugin should be there in
7. Now the plugin thus made is not correct
8. open the jar and add the jars of the following in /lib of the jar-
commons-configuration, commons-lang, jackson-core-asl,jackson-mapper-asl
9. modify MANIFEST.MF in /META-INF of the jar to include these paths
such as "Bundle-ClassPath:
10. copy this jar to plugins folder of eclipse
11. run "eclipse -clean"
12. switch to map reduce perspective
2 noteworthy points:
1. it's really not worth it to build the plugin for later versions of
hadoop because even if the plugin has compiled, it doesn't work with all
2. this query may have been better answered in the developers mailing
Thanks & Regards,
HCL Technologies Ltd.
Blog: TechnoTurd <http://technoturd.wordpress.com/>
Connect with me on LinkedIn <http://in.linkedin.com/in/gauravkumar37>
On Sun, Jan 13, 2013 at 12:28 AM, William Kang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
> Hi All,
> I just migrated from 0.20.x. I have been trying to get the eclipse
> plugin to work for the past few days without success.
> Can anybody give some advice on how to properly build the eclipse
> plugin for 1.0.4? I searched online, didn't find a good instruction. I
> am using JDK7, eclipse Juno on Ubuntu 12.04 and everything is 64bit.
> Many thanks.