Avro >> mail # user >> Is it possible to append to an already existing avro file

Is it possible to append to an already existing avro file
Hi,

is it possible to append to an already existing avro file when it was written and closed before?

If I use
outputStream = fs.append(avroFilePath);

then later on I get: java.io.IOException: Invalid sync!

Probably because the schema is written twice and some other issues.

If I use outputStream = fs.create(avroFilePath); then the avro file gets overwritten.

Thanks,
Vyacheslav
+
Harsh J 2012-02-21, 04:29