From: Marcos Ortiz [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, August 28, 2012 06:51 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: Siddharth Tiwari <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Hadoop and MainFrame integration

The problem with it, is that Hadoop depends on top of HDFS to storage in blocks of 64/128 MB of size (or the size that you determine, 64 MB is the de-facto size), and then make the calculations.
So, you need to move all your data to a HDFS cluster to use data in MapReduce jobs if you want to make the calculations with Hadoop.
Best wishes