MapReduce >> mail # user >> Re: Sticky Bit Problem (CDH4.1)

RE: Sticky Bit Problem (CDH4.1)
Have you tried hadoop fs -chmod a+rwx /tmp
From: Arun C Murthy [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, November 07, 2012 3:11 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Sticky Bit Problem (CDH4.1)

Pls ask Cloudera lists...

On Nov 7, 2012, at 9:57 AM, Brian Derickson wrote:
Hey all,

When setting up the namenode, some of the commands that we run are:
hadoop fs -mkdir /tmp
hadoop fs -chmod -R 1777 /tmp

This has worked for previous CDH releases of Hadoop.

We recently upgraded our test cluster to CDH 4.1 and the chmod no longer works.

sudo -u hdfs hadoop fs -chmod -R 1777 /tmp
chmod: chmod : mode '1777' does not match the expected pattern.

sudo -u hdfs hadoop fs -chmod -R +t /tmp
chmod: chmod : mode '+t' does not match the expected pattern.

This disagrees with the docs here: https://ccp.cloudera.com/display/CDH4DOC/Deploying+MapReduce+v1+%28MRv1%29+on+a+Cluster#DeployingMapReducev1%28MRv1%29onaCluster-Step7

Has anyone else encountered this? Let me know if you need more information, and thanks for your time.

--
Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.

NOTICE: This e-mail message and any attachments are confidential, subject to copyright and may be privileged. Any unauthorized use, copying or disclosure is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete and contact the sender immediately. Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail. AVIS : le pr?sent courriel et toute pi?ce jointe qui l'accompagne sont confidentiels, prot?g?s par le droit d'auteur et peuvent ?tre couverts par le secret professionnel. Toute utilisation, copie ou divulgation non autoris?e est interdite. Si vous n'?tes pas le destinataire pr?vu de ce courriel, supprimez-le et contactez imm?diatement l'exp?diteur. Veuillez penser ? l'environnement avant d'imprimer le pr?sent courriel