MapReduce >> mail # dev >> [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.2.0

+
Arun C Murthy 2013-10-07, 07:00
+
Bobby Evans 2013-10-07, 15:20
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-10-07, 18:42
+
Tassapol Athiapinya 2013-10-07, 19:07
Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.2.0
+1

* downloaded source tarball
* verified MD5
* verified signature
* verified CHANGES.txt files, release # and date
* run 'mvn apache-rat:check' successfully
* built distribution
* setup speudo cluster
* started HDFS/YARN
* run some HTTFS tests
* run a couple of MR examples
* run a few tests using Llama AM

On Mon, Oct 7, 2013 at 12:07 PM, Tassapol Athiapinya <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> +1 for the release.
>
> I have deployed a multinode cluster and extensively tested MR speculative
> execution, YARN CLI and YARN distributed shell. There were couple of issues
> I encountered while testing MAPREDUCE-5533, YARN-1168, YARN-1167,
> YARN-1157, YARN-1131, YARN-1118, YARN-1117 and all of them have been fixed.
>
> Thanks,
> Tassapol
>
> On Oct 7, 2013, at 12:00 AM, Arun C Murthy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Folks,
> >
> > I've created a release candidate (rc0) for hadoop-2.2.0 that I would
> like to get released - this release fixes a small number of bugs and some
> protocol/api issues which should ensure they are now stable and will not
> change in hadoop-2.x.
> >
> > The RC is available at:
> http://people.apache.org/~acmurthy/hadoop-2.2.0-rc0
> > The RC tag in svn is here:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/tags/release-2.2.0-rc0
> >
> > The maven artifacts are available via repository.apache.org.
> >
> > Please try the release and vote; the vote will run for the usual 7 days.
> >
> > thanks,
> > Arun
> >
> > P.S.: Thanks to Colin, Andrew, Daryn, Chris and others for helping nail
> down the symlinks-related issues. I'll release note the fact that we have
> disabled it in 2.2. Also, thanks to Vinod for some heavy-lifting on the
> YARN side in the last couple of weeks.
> >

> > --
> > Arun C. Murthy
> > Hortonworks Inc.
> > http://hortonworks.com/
> >

> > --
> > CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
> that
> immediately

> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Alejandro
+
Ramya Sunil 2013-10-07, 21:42
+
Devaraj k 2013-10-09, 12:05
+
Chris Douglas 2013-10-09, 08:29
+
Thomas Graves 2013-10-08, 13:48
+
Sandy Ryza 2013-10-08, 22:13
+
Zhijie Shen 2013-10-09, 07:10
+
Steve Loughran 2013-10-09, 08:28
+
Arpit Gupta 2013-10-10, 17:06
+
Bikas Saha 2013-10-10, 17:18
+
Chris Nauroth 2013-10-10, 17:59
+
Jian He 2013-10-10, 20:12
+
Jun Ping Du 2013-10-09, 14:39
+
Kihwal Lee 2013-10-09, 14:24
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-10-09, 21:34
+
Jason Lowe 2013-10-09, 14:45
+
Aaron T. Myers 2013-10-13, 16:26
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-10-13, 17:37
+
Hitesh Shah 2013-10-13, 22:32
+
Suresh Srinivas 2013-10-15, 06:03