MapReduce >> mail # user >> Re: Need info on mapred.child.java.opts, mapred.map.child.java.opts and mapred.reduce.child.java.opts

Re: Need info on mapred.child.java.opts, mapred.map.child.java.opts and mapred.reduce.child.java.opts
Its easier to understand if you know the history. First there was just
"mapred.child.java.opts", which controlled java options for both Map
and Reduce tasks (i.e. all tasks). Then there came a need for
task-specific java opts, so the project introduced
mapred.map.child.java.opts and mapred.reduce.child.java.opts, while
keeping around mapred.child.java.opts. Hence, if
mapred.map.child.java.opts is present, it is preferred over the
mapred.child.java.opts, likewise for mapred.reduce.child.java.opts vs.
mapred.child.java.opts. If neither of the specifics is present, we
look for mapred.child.java.opts.

P.s. Please do not cross-post to multiple email lists; it is a bad
practice and potentially spawns two different diverging conversation
threads on the same topic. This question is apt-enough for
[EMAIL PROTECTED] alone as it is not CDH specific, so I've moved
[EMAIL PROTECTED] to bcc.

--
Harsh J