Accumulo >> mail # user >> Can I user a 3 node accumulo cluster on a 10 node hadoop cluster?

Re: Can I user a 3 node accumulo cluster on a 10 node hadoop cluster?
Yes - accumulo processes can be run on a subset of the machines running hadoop processes, or even entirely separate machines, as long as they can talk to the namenode and HDFS datanodes.

You can define those machines in $ACCUMULO_HOME/conf/slaves and use $ACCUMULO_HOME/bin/start-all.sh and stop-all.sh to start and stop processes on them.