Hadoop >> mail # general >> [ANNOUNCE] Hadoop version 1.2.0 released

+
Matt Foley 2013-05-15, 07:32
+
Matt Foley 2013-05-22, 20:12
Re: [ANNOUNCE] Hadoop version 1.2.0 released
It appears to be propagating slowly but effectively.  Hopefully by tomorrow
it should be done.  If it isn't, I'll provide more info, otherwise will
consider the issue closed.
Thanks,
--Matt
On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 1:12 PM, Matt Foley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> It came to my attention yesterday (thanks, Arpit Gupta) that even though I
> had gone through the process on Nexus to publish the release, the 1.2.0
> artifacts were not in fact Released in Nexus.
>
> I attempted to fix the issue yesterday afternoon, but it didn't work.  The
> artifacts are still stuck in "Staging".  I will continue to work on it;
> sorry for any inconvenience in the meantime.
>
> Regards,
> --Matt
>

> On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 12:32 AM, Matt Foley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> I'm happy to announce that on May 13, Hadoop version 1.2.0 passed its
>> release vote.  It is now available in SVN and is in process of propagating
>> to artifact mirrors.  It should be available on all mirrors by end of day
>> Wednesday.
>>
>> This release delivers over 200 enhancements and bug-fixes, compared to
>> the previous 1.1.2 release. Major enhancements include:
>>
>>    - DistCp v2 backported
>>    - Web services for JobTracker
>>    - WebHDFS enhancements
>>    - Extensions of task placement and replica placement policy interfaces
>>    - Offline Image Viewer backported
>>    - Namenode more robust in case of edit log corruption
>>    - Add NodeGroups level to NetworkTopology
>>    - Add "unset" to Configuration API
>>
>>  Please see the Hadoop 1.2.0 Release Notes<http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r1.2.0/releasenotes.html> for
>> more details.
>>
>> This is a beta release.  I intend to start a stabilization release
>> (version 1.2.1) in 3 weeks from now.
>>
>> All open Jira tickets with Target Version "1.2.0" that weren't yet
>> closed, were moved to Target Version 1.3.0.  However, if you want something
>> fixed in 1.2.1, you are encouraged to edit that ticket, change its Target
>> Version to 1.2.1, and contribute a patch to branch-1.2.  Bug fixes are
>> welcome in 1.2.1.  However, we ask that significant feature enhancements be
>> contributed to branch-1 for the future version 1.3.0, instead.
>>
>> Thank you, and enjoy your new release.
>> Best regards,
>> --Matt
>> (release manager, version 1.2)