Hadoop, mail # general - [ANNOUNCE] Hadoop version 1.2.0 released

+
Matt Foley 2013-05-15, 07:32
+
Matt Foley 2013-05-22, 20:12
Re: [ANNOUNCE] Hadoop version 1.2.0 released
Matt Foley 2013-05-22, 20:19
It appears to be propagating slowly but effectively.  Hopefully by tomorrow
it should be done.  If it isn't, I'll provide more info, otherwise will
consider the issue closed.
Thanks,
--Matt
On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 1:12 PM, Matt Foley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> It came to my attention yesterday (thanks, Arpit Gupta) that even though I
> had gone through the process on Nexus to publish the release, the 1.2.0
> artifacts were not in fact Released in Nexus.
>
> I attempted to fix the issue yesterday afternoon, but it didn't work.  The
> artifacts are still stuck in "Staging".  I will continue to work on it;
> sorry for any inconvenience in the meantime.
>
> Regards,
> --Matt
>

> On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 12:32 AM, Matt Foley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> I'm happy to announce that on May 13, Hadoop version 1.2.0 passed its
>> release vote.  It is now available in SVN and is in process of propagating
>> to artifact mirrors.  It should be available on all mirrors by end of day
>> Wednesday.
>>
>> This release delivers over 200 enhancements and bug-fixes, compared to
>> the previous 1.1.2 release. Major enhancements include:
>>
>>    - DistCp v2 backported
>>    - Web services for JobTracker
>>    - WebHDFS enhancements
>>    - Extensions of task placement and replica placement policy interfaces
>>    - Offline Image Viewer backported
>>    - Namenode more robust in case of edit log corruption
>>    - Add NodeGroups level to NetworkTopology
>>    - Add "unset" to Configuration API
>>
>>  Please see the Hadoop 1.2.0 Release Notes<http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r1.2.0/releasenotes.html> for
>> more details.
>>
>> This is a beta release.  I intend to start a stabilization release
>> (version 1.2.1) in 3 weeks from now.
>>
>> All open Jira tickets with Target Version "1.2.0" that weren't yet
>> closed, were moved to Target Version 1.3.0.  However, if you want something
>> fixed in 1.2.1, you are encouraged to edit that ticket, change its Target
>> Version to 1.2.1, and contribute a patch to branch-1.2.  Bug fixes are
>> welcome in 1.2.1.  However, we ask that significant feature enhancements be
>> contributed to branch-1 for the future version 1.3.0, instead.
>>
>> Thank you, and enjoy your new release.
>> Best regards,
>> --Matt
>> (release manager, version 1.2)