Flume >> mail # user >> Modifying timestamp for tailed logs

Modifying timestamp for tailed logs
Hi,

Is there a way to modify the timestamp property of an event? I have a webserver logfile that contains UNIX timestamps on each line. The log is being 'talied'  by flume. I would like to use this timestamp as the event timestamp. I tried splitting the line before sending it to the sink, but that just adds a meta-data field timestamp and does not overwrite the timestamp field itself.

Is this possible? I'm using the Cloudera version of Flume (0.9.4)

Regards,
--
Eric Bus