Avro >> mail # user >> Record extensions?

Record extensions?
Hi,

I need my server to handle records with fields that can be "freely"
extended by users, without requiring a recompile and restart of the server.
The server itself does not need to know how to handle the content of this
extensible field.

One way to achieve this is to have a bytes field whose content is managed
externally, but this is very ineffective in many ways.
Is there a another way to do this with Avro?

Thanks!
Christophe
+
Doug Cutting 2012-06-12, 18:13