MapReduce >> mail # dev >> [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.1.0-beta

+
Arun C Murthy 2013-06-26, 08:17
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-06-28, 19:25
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-06-28, 21:05
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-07-02, 00:33
+
Hitesh Shah 2013-06-28, 19:03
+
Sandy Ryza 2013-06-28, 19:07
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-07-03, 18:06
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-07-17, 19:24
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2013-07-17, 20:04
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-07-17, 23:14
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2013-07-17, 23:25
+
Devaraj Das 2013-07-21, 07:43
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-07-29, 22:00
+
Tsuyoshi OZAWA 2013-07-03, 07:24
+
Jason Lowe 2013-07-03, 18:31
-1.
Some of the cli and distcp system tests which use hftp:// and webhdfs://
are failing on secure cluster (HDFS-4841 and HDFS-4952/HDFS-4896). This is
a regression and we need to make sure they work before we call a release.
On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 1:17 AM, Arun C Murthy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I've created a release candidate (rc0) for hadoop-2.1.0-beta that I would
> like to get released.
>
> This release represents a *huge* amount of work done by the community (639
> fixes) which includes several major advances including:
> # HDFS Snapshots
> # Windows support
> # YARN API stabilization
> # MapReduce Binary Compatibility with hadoop-1.x
> # Substantial amount of integration testing with rest of projects in the
> ecosystem
>
> The RC is available at:
> http://people.apache.org/~acmurthy/hadoop-2.1.0-beta-rc0/
> The RC tag in svn is here: