Avro >> mail # user >> Make a copy of an avro record

+
Jeremy Lewi 2012-03-11, 20:40
+
easyvoip@... 2012-03-11, 20:52
+
Jeremy Lewi 2012-03-11, 21:22
+
James Baldassari 2012-03-12, 01:20
+
Jeremy Lewi 2012-03-12, 02:37
+
Jeremy Lewi 2012-03-12, 04:07
+
Jeremy Lewi 2012-03-12, 04:26
+
James Baldassari 2012-03-12, 05:22
+
Doug Cutting 2012-03-12, 16:05
+
Jeremy Lewi 2012-03-12, 16:27
+
Scott Carey 2012-03-12, 17:20
+
Doug Cutting 2012-03-12, 17:42
+
Jeremy Lewi 2012-03-12, 18:09
Re: Make a copy of an avro record
On 03/12/2012 11:09 AM, Jeremy Lewi wrote:
> I was using 1.6.0_27 and the @override decorator was a problem, maybe
> newer releases in the 1.6 set will work.

Re-reading the thread I now see the problem is compiling code generated
by Avro.  The builder's generated build() method has an @Override
declaration.  It implements a method in the RecordBuilder interface.
Using @Override for interface methods was not permitted in Java 5 but is
permitted in Java 6 and Java 7.  So I'm now confused how this fails in
any version of Java 6.  Regardless, if its really a problem for even
some versions of Java 6 then we should probably just remove it from the
generated code.  It doesn't add much value there.

Doug
+
Scott Carey 2012-03-12, 22:38