Accumulo >> mail # dev >> SVN to GIt INFRA ticket submitted

Re: SVN to GIt INFRA ticket submitted
Josh, I think the best thing is probably to just assume 1.4 has been
merged to 1.5 already. Then, just bump up the number of acceptable
renames in your config, and then do a recursive merge with the "ours"
option (git merge -s recursive -X ours), so it favors the newer branch
if there's a conflict. I'd still closely examine the changes as a
result, to see if the non-conflicting changes were correct (if there
are any... there probably shouldn't be, because it would almost
certainly mean something was fixed in 1.4 but not in 1.5 or later). I
haven't tried this yet... though.

Worst case scenario, we cleanly merge with the "git merge -s ours"
strategy, which is basically a no-op merge that would keep the 1.5
branch as is. (similar to svn's --record-only merge option, I
believe).

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii