MapReduce >> mail # user >> MR output to a file instead of directory?

Re: MR output to a file instead of directory?
I'm not sure about the usecase, but if you really care you can use an existing directory (e.g. /) by writing a bit of code to bypass the check for output-dir existence...

By default FIleOutputFormat assumes the output-dir shouldn't exist and will error out during init if it does. You could customize it to not bother to check.

Arun

--
Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.