HBase >> mail # dev >> testing, powermock, jmockit - from pow-wow

Re: testing, powermock, jmockit - from pow-wow
On Sat, Sep 15, 2012 at 12:11 PM, Andrew Purtell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Perhaps the best course of action for test failures involving twisty code
> weaving / alternate class loaders / multiple mocking libraries would be to
> svn rm or @Ignore.

lol

>  We should consider that time and contributor bandwidth
> is precious in a volunteer project, especially where unit tests are
> concerned. If it's not possible to understand a unit test failure from
> source given an exception and stack trace, the test itself is the problem.

You have a point Andrew.

But how then to test the out-of-reach guts of HBase?  You are not
saying don't I'm sure.   You think that exposing a method just for
test use is reason enough for making a method public (a motive we've
had sort-off up to this?)

St.Ack