From: lei liu [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, August 23, 2010 9:48 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: java.sql.SQLException: org.apache.thrift.transport.TTransportException: Cannot read. Remote side has closed. Tried to read 1 bytes, but only got 0 bytes.

Yes, you are right. I do that, but after the hive server run several days, when client connection the hive server, the client receive the exception.
2010/8/23 Adarsh Sharma <[EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>>
For Running Hive in Server Mode ..
First U have to start service of hiveserver ::
*$bin/hive --service hiveserver
*

and then run the code
lei liu wrote:
Hello everyone,
I use JDBC to connection the hive server, sometime I receive below exception:
java.sql.SQLException: org.apache.thrift.transport.TTransportException: Cannot read. Remote side has closed. Tried to read 1 bytes, but only got 0 bytes.

Please tell me the eason.
Thanks
LiuLei