HBase, mail # dev - Re: Working on assemblies for 0.95

+
Stack 2013-03-22, 04:17
+
ramkrishna vasudevan 2013-03-22, 03:29
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-03-22, 22:59
+
Stack 2013-03-23, 03:52
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-03-25, 20:53
+
Enis Söztutar 2013-03-25, 21:00
+
Nick Dimiduk 2013-03-25, 21:06
+
Stack 2013-03-26, 05:26
Re: Working on assemblies for 0.95
Enis Söztutar 2013-03-23, 02:02
I think it would be good to have a release -> maven jar mapping for hadoop
1 and hadoop2. That is why releasing two artifacts build against Hadoop 1
and 2 respectively makes sense.

See my poor old issue for background, and rightful arguments from
downstream projects:

Having hadoop version appended to the release version would be ugly though.

Enis
On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 3:59 PM, Andrew Purtell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 3/22/13, ramkrishna vasudevan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 4:49 AM, Jimmy Xiang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> [...]
> >> As to hadoop, how about we ship two: one with hadoop1, the other with
> >> hadoop2?
> >>
> >  I agree to this.  Actually this will help a lot in case of automatic
> > scripts that tries to use the tarball.  If not every time the source has
> > be recompiled with hadoop 2 and then need to create a tar ball and use
> it.
> >  +1 on this.
>
> +1 here too
>
> I also like the idea of producing a single -bin tarball that unpacks
> into something sane. Spent some time recently hacking on the Bigtop
> RPM build for HBase 0.94 to try and deal with the 0.95 layout as is
> right now, but had to move on before getting something that works. It
> will be much easier for Bigtop, and any user, really, if 0.95 (and
> trunk...) looks as much like 0.94 as possible when unpacked from a
> dist tarball.

+
Stack 2013-03-23, 03:37