Accumulo, mail # dev - Re: [VOTE] JDK 1.7 - Switch for Accumulo 1.6.0

Re: [VOTE] JDK 1.7 - Switch for Accumulo 1.6.0
Christopher 2013-06-05, 17:54
All-

Please explicitly vote in favor or against changing the java
dependency to >=1.7.

Parsing vague "may cause..." or "might be..." concerns throughout the
text of the thread is tedious, and does not help me know what the
consensus of the group is, so we can move forward. If there's a
specific issue that is informing your vote, that's great, feel free to
state it, but I don't want this issue to drag out for the duration of
the the Accumulo 1.6.0 development cycle because people are reluctant
to come to a concrete opinion.

If it fails a vote, we'll revisit for Accumulo 1.7.0.

I'm personally in favor of the change (+1), but it's not a big deal to
me. I just want a concrete resolution.

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii