Flume >> mail # user >> File Channel Capacity issue

Re: File Channel Capacity issue
Roy,

The FileChannel actually uses a fixed size checkpoint file -- so it is not possible to set it to unlimited size (the checkpoint file is mmap-ed to a fixed size buffer). To change the capacity of the channel, the easiest way off the top of my head is:

* Shutdown the agent.
* Delete all files in the file channel's checkpoint directory. (not the data directories. Also you might want to move them out, rather than delete to be safe)
* Change your configuration to increase the capacity of the channel.
* Restart the agent - this will cause full replay, so the agent might take sometime to start up if there are a lot of events in the channel (to avoid this - shutdown the source before shutting the agent down - so the sink can drain out the channel completely, wait for about 1-2 mins after the channel is empty so that the data files get deleted (this happens only immediately after a checkpoint - you can verify this by making sure each data dir has only 2 files each), since all events have been sent out - so during restart the channel will be quite empty, with very little to replay).
Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Hari

--