HBase >> mail # user >> Reg:delete performance on HBase table

+
Manoj Babu 2012-12-05, 13:13
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2012-12-05, 13:31
+
Doug Meil 2012-12-05, 15:46
+
Nick Dimiduk 2012-12-05, 18:14
+
Manoj Babu 2012-12-06, 03:14
+
Anoop Sam John 2012-12-06, 04:35
+
Manoj Babu 2012-12-06, 06:44
+
ramkrishna vasudevan 2012-12-06, 05:15
+
Anoop John 2012-12-05, 14:17
+
Manoj Babu 2012-12-05, 13:03
+
Leonid Fedotov 2012-12-05, 17:03
Re: Reg:delete performance on HBase table
Hello Manoj,

     When a Delete command is issued , no data is actually deleted
instantaneously. Instead a tombstone marker is set, making the deleted
cells effectively invisible.

The tombstone markers are only deleted during major compactions (which
compacts all store files to a single one), because in order to prove that a
tombstone marker has no effect HBase needs to look at all cells.

HBase periodically removes deleted cells during compactions.

HTH

Regards,
    Mohammad Tariq