Hive, mail # user - DISCUSS: Hive language manual to be source control managed

Re: DISCUSS: Hive language manual to be source control managed
Alan Gates 2013-09-06, 18:44

On Sep 4, 2013, at 10:38 PM, Lefty Leverenz wrote:

> <snip>
>
> Let me split another hair:  "my" converted files actually belong to Hortonworks, and Alan deserves credit for assigning that task to me (thanks, Alan).  I'd better return the files so they can contribute them.

I don't think we (Hortonworks) are worried about that.  But if you are you can send them to me and I'll upload them.

> What about Dean's suggestion of using Github Pages?  Any other opinions?

With my Apache hat on, I have to say that hosting the docs somewhere other than on Apache site is bad.  I'm fine with finding a better format than forrest or some of the other things currently used, but they needed to be hosted on Apache, for both legal and branding reasons.

Alan.
--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE