Accumulo >> mail # user >> Wikisearch

RE: Wikisearch
Ok, thanks for these insights, as I have mentioned, I am tweaking and changing things for my own purpose, and I am trying to understand just how much my tweaking might have unintended consequences.
To extend upon your thoughts for why there is a problem, I need to look in the web services to make sure it isn't creating objects from the results of the search scan, because it should return no results.  That is where I am still concerned, shouldn't the scan iterator not pass anything through for something with no results?  Again, I need to look harder myself, but I am more trying to understand how the iterators notionally behave with the this table structure.

Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2013 23:18:43 -0400
Subject: Re: Wikisearch
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

The forward and reverse index are very important, yes, with the in-partition "field index" being even more important.
Yes to full table scans being undesirable and probably useless in the scope of the wikisearch as it should index most everything and thus there is nothing extra to be gleaned.
I forget exactly how it was implemented, but tokens will appear in the global indices and the doc partitioned table.
The most likely reason for the oome is that the trivial web service included attempts to suck all results into memory. There's nothing inherently wrong with scanning all records in Accumulo, but the webserver will easily fall over.