HBase >> mail # user >> Export / Import and table splits

+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-05-07, 22:23
+
Mohammad Tariq 2013-05-07, 22:33
+
Ted Yu 2013-05-07, 22:29
+
Michael Segel 2013-05-07, 22:34
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-05-07, 23:02
+
Ted Yu 2013-05-07, 23:11
+
Ted Yu 2013-05-07, 23:18
+
Michael Segel 2013-05-07, 23:11
+
Jeremy Carroll 2013-05-08, 00:08
Re: Export / Import and table splits
Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for sharing this.

I will take a look at it, and also most probably give a try to the snapshot
option....

JM

2013/5/7 Jeremy Carroll <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> https://github.com/phobos182/hadoop-hbase-tools/blob/master/hbase/copy_table.rb
>
> I wrote a quick script to do it with mechanize + ruby. I have a new tool
> which I'm polishing up that does the same thing in Python but using the
> HBase REST interface to get the data.
>

> On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 3:23 PM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari <
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > When we are doing an export, we are only exporting the data. Then when
> > we are importing that back, we need to make sure the table is
> > pre-splitted correctly else we might hotspot some servers.
> >
> > If you simply export then import without pre-splitting at all, you
> > will most probably brought some servers down because they will be
> > overwhelmed with splits and compactions.
> >
> > Do we have any tool to pre-split a table the same way another table is
> > already pre-splitted?
> >
> > Something like
> > > duplicate 'source_table', 'target_table'
> >
> > Which will create a new table called 'target_table' with exactly the
> > same parameters as 'source_table' and the same regions boundaries?
> >
> > If we don't have, will it be useful to have one?
> >
> > Or event something like:
> > > create 'target_table', 'f1', {SPLITS_MODEL => 'source_table'}
> >

> > JM

+
Matteo Bertozzi 2013-05-14, 00:54
+