Hadoop >> mail # dev >> [DISCUSSION] Release process

Re: [DISCUSSION] Release process
Chris Douglas wrote:
> Speaking of the release vote process, I renew my request that we
> formalize both the RM role and the bylaws. -C

I think the HTTPD release rules are non-controversial and would support
adoption of something similar.  Someone needs to draft a proposal,
initiate a discussion, refine the draft, and finally vote to enact it.
It's kind of like a release, in that its best if someone manages the
process.  Would you like to do this?

Similarly, for bylaws, we need someone to lead the process.  The
previous attempt started with a vote, rather than a discussion.  That
vote turned into a discussion that never turned back into a vote.

Doug