Zookeeper >> mail # user >> adding a node to an existing multinode cluster

adding a node to an existing multinode cluster
I have a running 3 node cluster and wanted to add two more nodes.

I brought every one down, reconfigured so all machines could see each other
and all 5 nodes were listed.

I brought up the original 3 and one of the two new ones.  I see it saying
that its snapshoting but then nothing.
No data ever seems to get written to the new machine and its start stays
unknown.

Is there another step I need to do?

Thanks.

--