HBase >> mail # dev >> Replication warning

+
Álvaro Recuero 2013-05-27, 12:15
Re: Replication warning
The warning came from this loop in ReplicationSource:

    // Loop until we close down
    while (isActive()) {
      // Open a reader on it
      if (!openReader(sleepMultiplier)) {
        // Reset the sleep multiplier, else it'd be reused for the next file
        sleepMultiplier = 1;
        continue;
      }

      // If we got a null reader but didn't continue, then sleep and
continue
      if (this.reader == null) {
        if (sleepForRetries("Unable to open a reader", sleepMultiplier)) {
          sleepMultiplier++;
        }
        continue;
      }

How often did the following warning come up in the server log ?
Which version of HBase are you using ?

Cheers

On Mon, May 27, 2013 at 5:15 AM, Álvaro Recuero <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Does anyone get this when replication is enabled in HBase? If it is a
> warning but does not stop coming up, I wonder what that loop is that
> iterating through and if this is really a critical problem.
>
> cheers,
> Álvaro
>
> 2013-05-27 13:10:40,406 WARN
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.replication.regionserver.ReplicationSource: Waited
> too long for this file, considering dumping
> 2013-05-27 13:10:40,406 DEBUG
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.replication.regionserver.ReplicationSource: Unable
> to open a reader, sleeping 1000 times 10
> 2013-05-27 13:10:50,411 WARN
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.replication.regionserver.ReplicationSource: 1 Got:
> java.io.EOFException
> at java.io.DataInputStream.readFully(DataInputStream.java:197)
>  at java.io.DataInputStream.readFully(DataInputStream.java:169)
> at org.apache.hadoop.io.SequenceFile$Reader.init(SequenceFile.java:1508)
>  at org.apache.hadoop.io.SequenceFile$Reader.<init>(SequenceFile.java:1486)
> at org.apache.hadoop.io.SequenceFile$Reader.<init>(SequenceFile.java:1475)
>  at org.apache.hadoop.io.SequenceFile$Reader.<init>(SequenceFile.java:1470)
> at
>
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.wal.SequenceFileLogReader$WALReader.<init>(SequenceFileLogReader.java:55)
>  at
>
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.wal.SequenceFileLogReader.init(SequenceFileLogReader.java:177)
> at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.wal.HLog.getReader(HLog.java:721)
>  at
>
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.replication.regionserver.ReplicationHLogReaderManager.openReader(ReplicationHLogReaderManager.java:66)
> at
>
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.replication.regionserver.ReplicationSource.openReader(ReplicationSource.java:562)
>  at
>
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.replication.regionserver.ReplicationSource.run(ReplicationSource.java:339)

+
Álvaro Recuero 2013-05-27, 15:40
+
Ted Yu 2013-05-28, 03:26