Hadoop, mail # user - Using LinkedHashMap with MapWritable

Using LinkedHashMap with MapWritable
madhu phatak 2012-06-29, 09:04
hi,
 Current implementation of MapWritable only support HashMap implementation.
But for my application I need a LinkedHashMap since order of keys is
important for me. I m trying to customize the MapWritable
to accommodate  custom implementation but whenever I make change to
Writable, all the sequence files written prior to the change, starts to
give EOF exceptions. In Hadoop, as I observed its not possible to change
writables once they r used to persist data into HDFS. Is there anyway
overcoming this limitation?