Flume >> mail # dev >> Scribe Source .thrift file

+
Hari Shreedharan 2013-02-03, 00:14
+
Juhani Connolly 2013-02-05, 02:30
+
Denny Ye 2013-02-05, 02:46
+
Hari Shreedharan 2013-02-05, 04:05
Re: Scribe Source .thrift file
Denny,

I modified the file's namespace and the final file looks like this:

namespace java org.apache.flume.source.scribe

enum ResultCode
{
OK,
TRY_LATER
}

struct LogEntry
{
1: string category,
2: string message
}

service Scribe
{
ResultCode Log(1: list<LogEntry> messages);
}

But it looks like the ScribeSource.java (line 154) expects LogEntry.message to be "binary" and not "string." Since there are no unit tests, I cannot verify that making message binary will not break something. Could you give me some fix for this?
Thanks
Hari

--
Hari Shreedharan