Hadoop >> mail # general >> Pydoop 0.10.0_rc1

Pydoop 0.10.0_rc1
Hello everyone,

we're happy to announce that we have just released Pydoop 0.10.0
(http://pydoop.sourceforge.net).

The main changes with respect to Pydoop 0.9.0 are listed in the news
section of the docs:

http://pydoop.sourceforge.net/docs/news.html#new-in-0-10-0

With respect to 0.10.0-rc1, we have two major improvements:

  * automated build and testing via Travis CI:
    https://travis-ci.org/crs4/pydoop

  * .deb packages for all supported CDH versions:
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/pydoop/files/Pydoop-0.10

Note that this version should work with Hadoop 1.2.1, even though it's
not explicitly supported yet.

As usual, we're happy to receive your feedback on the forum:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/pydoop/forums/forum/990018

Pydoop is a Python MapReduce and HDFS API for Hadoop, built upon the C++
Pipes and the C libhdfs APIs, that allows to write full-fledged
MapReduce applications with HDFS access. Pydoop has been maturing nicely
and is currently in production use at CRS4 as we have a few scientific
projects that are based on it, including Seal
(http://biodoop-seal.sourceforge.net), Biodoop-BLAST
(http://biodoop.sourceforge.net/blast), and more yet to be released.

Links:

  * download page on sf: http://sourceforge.net/projects/pydoop/files